Careers with the DLA Police
Looking for an exciting and meaningful career with the Defense Logistics Agency? Find out more information on our mission, career fields, job announcements, hiring process and hiring programs. Be sure to download all the documents you will need.
The Advantages working with the DLA Police:
DLA Police Core Functions: The two core functions of the DLA Police are force protection and security operations, which include:
- Skilled employees are valued
- Career opportunities for personal growth and development
- Family atmosphere
- Employees are encouraged to provide input on policies
- There is a spirit of organizational teamwork
- All employees are treated with dignity and respect
- The police chief knows everyone by name and supports all employees to reach their personal and professional goals
- All employees have access to the police chief
- Protect life and property
- Defend against acts of terrorism, espionage and crime
- Promote compliance with and ensure federal laws, applicable state laws, and Department of Defense regulations and orders are observed
- Installation access control
- Perform regular patrols of the installation
- Anti-terrorism and crime prevention
- Respond to alarms and other indications of suspicious activity
- Investigate minor criminal offenses and/or secure crime or incident scenes
- First responder to all types of emergencies, terrorist incidents, or volatile situations
- Ensure traffic laws and regulations are observed
Message from the Staff Director, Security and Emergency Services, Mr. Patrick Wright
As Defense Logistic Agency’s Staff Director for Public Safety, I would like to invite you to consider a career with us as a police officer. The Defense Logistics Agency provides an exceptional quality of life that enables great people to make great things happen.
The Office of Public Safety provides security, fire, and intelligence services at Defense Logistics Agency locations worldwide to support the Agency in delivering and sustaining supply chain excellence for the Department of Defense. Defense Logistics Agency Police departments are located at five military installations across the United States, and provide a rewarding career to over 300 professional men and women serving as police officers. There are many advantages to being part of the Defense Logistics Agency. From salary to benefits to use of top notch morale facilities, DLA takes care of its people and provides a wonderful work environment for our employees. The many advantages of being part of DLA Police include personal relationships, career growth and personal development opportunities, valued employees and a sense of mission accomplishment.
Our police organization is seeking men and women from all backgrounds who welcome a challenge, and share our philosophy of pride and service. To those who accept the challenge, we offer not only excellent training, great pay and benefits, and opportunities for advancement, but also the opportunity to provide a service to the United States of America.
I invite you to explore the information presented on this DLA website, and ask that you consider joining the ranks of the Defense Logistic Agency’s finest professionals…the men and women of the Defense Logistics Agency Police Forces.