DLA Pacific receives Excellence in Federal Government awards
By Vernessa Encarnacion
DLA Pacific Business Management Office
1 of 1
Fifteen Defense Logistics Agency Pacific awardees stand with DLA Pacific Commander Navy Capt. Timothy Daniels at the 61st Annual Excellence in Federal Government Awards held at Hickam Officer's Club, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, May 6.
May 12, 2017 —
The Honolulu-Pacific Federal Executive Board hosted the 61st Annual Excellence in Federal Government Awards at the Hickam Officer’s Club on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, May 6.
The Federal Executive Board’s mission is to increase the effectiveness of the federal government by strengthening coordination of government activities, with the awards serving that goal.
This event brings together more than 20 organizations throughout the Pacific to recognize outstanding accomplishment for their employees. The awards are open to all federal employees, to include Department of Defense and non-DoD federal agencies in the Pacific in various categories.
“This event allows time for leaders to celebrate taking care of their people, mentoring and guiding them, and most important, taking the time to acknowledge their achievement,” said Christopher Conklin, executive director for HPFEB.
There were 147 awards in 17 categories, to include team awards, representing more than 500 employees. For the Defense Logistics Agency Pacific region, 11 individuals and four teams were recognized for their exceptional achievements in six categories:
Leader, Supervisor, Manager of the Year
- Michael Watters, DLA Distribution Pearl Harbor
- Scot Davenport, DLA Information Operations Pacific
- Randy Banez, DLA Energy Pacific at Alaska
Professional, Administrative, Technical Employee of the Year
- Shantel Cummings, DLA Distribution Pearl Harbor
- Kevin Ball, DLA Information Operations Pacific
- Howard DeMotta, DLA Pacific
- Gerardo Magallanes, DLA Energy Pacific at Japan
Clerical and Assistant Employee of the Year
- Howard Dias, DLA Distribution Pearl Harbor
Exceptional Community Service Award
- Major Anthony Mollison, DLA Energy Pacific at Alaska
Mentor of the Year
- Caleb Whitaker, Jr., DLA Energy Pacific at Japan
- Christina Mederos, DLA Distribution Pearl Harbor
Team Excellence Award
- DLA Pacific, Business Management Office
- DLA Distribution Pearl Harbor, Stock Reutilization Team
- DLA Information Operations Pacific, Iwakuni Deployment Team
- DLA Energy Pacific at Japan