May 6, 2019 —
Government employees lead efforts to cure disease and prevent epidemics. They support small businesses and struggling communities to strengthen economy, provide public safety and national defense, protect the environment and even explore distant planets.
Public Service Recognition Week honors the men and women who serve the nation as federal, state, county and local government employees. It has been celebrated the first week of May since 1985.
In honor of PSRW, the Office of Personnel Management’s Center for Leadership Development is offering five one-hour webinars on contemporary leadership topics. Registrations are limited to 500 participants for each webinar. The webinars are:
• May 6, 2-3 p.m. – Federal Staffing: Foundation of Human Resources Excellence
• May 7, 2-3 p.m. – Learning Ecosystem of the Future
• May 8, 3-4 p.m. – The Importance of Competencies
• May 9, 1-2 p.m. – Human Centered Design 101
• May 10, 2-3 p.m. – Can You Learn to Improve Government Processes in Under an Hour?
To sign up, go to the Center for Leadership Development’s webpage.
A list of nationwide events and the presidential proclamation for this year’s observance is available at the PSRW website.