DLA Troop Support, Dec. 20, 2019 —
Just before the start of the holiday season, the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support workforce family gathered one last time in 2019 to celebrate the careers of 16 retiring civilians during a ceremony Dec. 19.
Army Brig. Gen. Gavin Lawrence, DLA Troop Support commander, called it a “bittersweet day,” as he thanked the new retirees for their combined 515 years of service to their country. He wished them luck in, “the next and best chapters of their lives.”
“You all represent many years of experience that our supply chains and support offices are losing,” Lawrence said. “I know that you’ve left an indelible mark on your teams. And I trust that your colleagues will carry your commitment to our customers.”
He also thanked the retirees’ families in the audience for providing support and encouragement throughout their careers.
“The longevity of these wonderful careers can only thrive with the love and support of the family and friends here today, in addition to the numerous co-workers who are in attendance,” Lawrence said.
Lawrence presented each employee with a certificate of retirement, a DLA Troop Support memento, and a commander’s coin. In addition, spouses received certificates of appreciation.
The retirees were:
- Susan Pinto, 43 years of service, Clothing and Textiles
- Nancy Martin, 41 years of service, Medical
- Gina Turchi, 41 years of service, Procurement
- Margaret Marlette, 41 years of service, Procurement
- Valerie Fauntroy, 40 years of service, Subsistence
- Elaine Jordan, 40 years of service, Industrial Hardware
- Elanda (Monique) Williams, 39 years of service, Clothing and Textiles
- Jacqueline Hagan, 38 years of service, Industrial Hardware
- Pamela Smith, 37 years of service, Internal Review
- Deborah Toner, 35 years of service, Construction and Equipment
- Catherine (Kitty) Mellon, 34 years of service, Information Operations
- Ann Keefe, 32 years of service, Medical
- Joseph Miller, 25 years of service, Subsistence
- Jay Gillette, 15 years of service, Industrial Hardware
- Harold Jacobson, 12 years, Industrial Hardware
- Kathleen Burke, 12 years, Clothing and Textiles