FORT BELVOIR, Virginia, May 7, 2015 —
The May/June issue of Loglines magazine, “Two Continents, One Mission,” is now available in print and online. The issue takes an in-depth look at how Defense Logistics Agency Europe & Africa
supports Defense Department operations on both continents. Highlights include:
- The expansion of support to U.S. forces in Eastern Europe, including a look at how DLA Energy is supporting operations there.
- DLA Installation Support efforts to improve facilities in Europe and Africa.
- A look at how operational contract support enables DLA and its customers to streamline contracts and avoid duplication.
- DLA Disposition Services efforts to provide supplies for refugees in Europe.
- A wrap-up of DLA’s support to Operation United Assistance, the DoD portion of the U.S. Agency for International Development-led effort to stop Ebola as it spread through West Africa.
This issue also includes a question-and-answer column with DLA Director Air Force Lt. Gen. Andy Busch, a story about a round of March exercises that tested the agency’s ability to provide timely support to various combatant commands, and a look at the history DLA’s support to Operation Joint Endeavor in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Printed copies of Loglines are available throughout DLA’s locations. There is also a video detailing the issue. To subscribe to Loglines, email firstname.lastname@example.org