Fort Belvoir, Virginia, Nov. 25, 2015 —
The November/December issue of Loglines magazine, “Primary-Level Field Activities Around the Agency,” is now available in print and online. The issue takes an in-depth look at how the field activities within the Defense Logistics Agency work to support warfighters worldwide. Highlights include:
- DLA Aviation’s procurement efforts on a part for the B-1 Lancer fleet.
- DLA Energy’s rebalance of fuel in the Pacific theater helps ensure fuel is in the right place, at the right time, for its customers.
- DLA Troop Support’s Maintenance and Repair Operation provides customized support for facilities maintenance, public works and civil engineering around the world.
- A look at WebFLIS, an official source logisticians can use for accurate, up-to-date information on supply items.
- DLA Distribution’s use of performance-based logistics to improve materiel readiness and cut storage costs.
This issue also includes a question-and-answer column with DLA Senior Enlisted Leader Army Command Sgt. Maj. Charles Tobin, a look at Enterprise Process Management and an overview of DLA’s Mission Assurance Working Group. In addition, a history piece details Army Lt. Gen. Andrew T. McNamara’s tour as a quartermaster at war in North Africa.
Printed copies of Loglines are available throughout DLA’s locations. There is also a video detailing the issue.