Identification Cards

One of the first orders of business you will take care of when you arrive at your overseas assignment is to get your ID card. This card is required to get you on post, into the Commissary and Exchange, pick up packages at the Post Office, and for numerous other day-to-day tasks. Civilian employees and their authorized family members are issued an ID card different form what you may have had in the Continental United States (CONUS). You and your family should carry your ID cards wherever you go. Your new supervisor or assigned sponsor will be able to assist you in obtaining ID cards.