Responsible for facilitating enterprise integration and continuous process improvement of DoD logistics operations while maintaining interoperability by developing business rules that implement DoD policy; developing and managing DoD logistics information infrastructure as well as cataloging data standards; and, publishing detailed guidance for DoD supply chain operations.
- Serves as DoD’s Executive Agent for Logistics Data Interchange and Procedures and executes responsibilities as defined in DoD Directive 8190.01E.
- Develops, maintains, and publishes the Defense Logistics Management Standards (DLMS) standard business rules, information exchanges, DLMS data standards to comply with DoD Manual 4140.01 and DoD Regulation 7000.14-R (DoD FMR).
- Develops and maintains cataloging data standards and transactions.
- Develops DLMS Implementation Conventions and XML schemas using the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 transaction set standards.
- Publishes all DLMS guidance to the Defense Logistics Manual (DLM) 4000.25 series of publications.
- Collaborates with and implements procedures and transactions within the DLMS to support the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics, the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)/Chief Financial Officer, and the Director, Defense Pricing and Contracting (DPC), as appropriate for their respective functional areas.
- Provides DoD liaison representation to the ASC X12 Committee and to other standards bodies as necessary to support the DLMS.
- Coordinates with the Defense Transportation Electronic Business (DTEB) Committee to maintain consistency and interoperability between the logistics and transportation domains.
Enterprise Business Standards Office is located
in the Andrew T. McNamara building, DLA
Headquarters Complex, at Fort Belvoir, Virginia.