Mission: Provide a joint strategic enabling capability for operational contract support to the geographic combatant commanders and U.S. Special Operations Command through planning, joint training, and initial OCS mission support to help ensure the combatant commands have organizational program management approaches to OCS in accordance with law.
Vision: OCS is fully integrated as a basic component of warfighter planning and execution.
As a joint strategic enabling capability for the Department of Defense, JCASO helps joint force commanders ensure they have pre-planned, organizational approaches to executing OCS and associated expenditures during contingencies in which organic military solutions are not feasible or timely. JCASO’s sustained engagement with combatant commands staffs during conflicts, humanitarian assistance operations, and exercises enhances DoD’s Better Buying Power initiative, reduces the demand for boots on the ground, and is responsive when theater crises arise. When requested, JCASO's mission support teams and joint OCS planners support combatant commands’ planning, exercises, training, and deployments.
OCS Knowledge Management: The Joint Staff J4 OCS Connect SharePoint Portal is where the OCS community can collaborate and share documents. OCS-C is used as a central repository for the OCS community to distribute the latest tools, best practices, templates and information to OCS practitioners. JCASO may also use the All Partners Access Network to foster information and knowledge sharing between DoD, multinational organizations, coalitions, and non-governmental agencies that don’t have access to traditionally restricted DoD networks.
Links of Interest
- CJCSN 4130.01, Guidance for Combatant Commander Employment of Operational Contract Support Enabler - Joint Contingency Acquisition Support Office
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Logistics, Operational Contract Support (OCS)
- Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy Geographic Combatant Commands Area of Responsibility
- Joint Staff J4 OCS Connect (CAC/login only)
- Synchronized Predeployment and Operational Tracker-Enterprise Suite (SPOT-ES) (CAC/login only)
- SPOT-ES Total Operational Picture Support System (CAC/login only)
- Joint Contingency & Expeditionary Services (CAC only)