DLA Troop Support Headquarters dedication ceremony honors local historical figure Israel Whelen
A ceremonial print of the plaque that adorns the wall of the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support Headquarters main lobby rests on an easel during the Headquarters Naming/Dedication Ceremony Sept. 23, 2021, in Philadelphia. The ceremony marked the official dedication of the DLA Troop Support Headquarters in honor of Whelen, Purveyor of Public Supplies from 1800-1806, once proprietor of Haverford Township’s Nitre Hall and symbol of the dedication to federal acquisition in Philadelphia for more than 220 years from the days of the Schuylkill Arsenal to its modern-day workforce at DLA Troop Support.

Photo by: Nancy Benecki |  VIRIN: 210923-D-OH989-0018.JPG