Seventeen Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support retirees with 638 years of combined service were recognized during a retirement ceremony Dec. 21.
Army Brig. Gen. Mark Simerly, DLA Troop Support commander, said that it was an exceptional day that marked the end of the exceptional careers of the retirees.
“I know that you’ve left an indelible mark on your teams. And I also know that you’ve left an indelible mark on our customers,” Simerly said. “I know that’s going to be part of your legacy, leaving a team behind that has been inspired by your example of service.”
Jane Adams-Martin, a contract specialist with the Construction and Equipment supply chain, said that it felt like she’d been working for far less time than the 47 years she’s devoted to government service.
“I feel like I started work just a few years ago,” Adams-Martin said. “My job has been good to me and I’m truly grateful that I’ve had this experience.”
John Graybill, supervisory demand supply chain analyst with Business Process Support, said he looks forward to retirement but that he’ll miss not seeing his co-workers every day.
“I’ll miss the people,” Graybill said. “I’ve worked with a tremendous mix of people and you make a lot of friends.”
The retirees were:
- Jane Adams-Martin, 47 years of service, Construction and Equipment
- Jonathan Garr, 45 years of service, Industrial Hardware
- John Graybill, 41 years of service, Business Process Support
- Suzan Cohen, 41 years of service, C&E
- Prussia McClendon, 40 years of service, C&E
- Michael Malason, 40 years of service, Subsistence
- Cindy Small, 38 years of service, Clothing and Textiles
- Debbi Del Rossi, 37 years of service, C&T
- John Woloszyn, 37 years of service, Subsistence
- Debbi Hankin, 37 years of service, IH
- John Kennedy, 36 years of service, BPS
- Helen Grimm, 36 years of service, C&E
- Anne Poli, 36 years of service, IH
- Raymond Freda, 36 years of service, IH
- Arlecia Parker, 33 years of service, IH
- Allan Reif, 32 years of service, Subsistence
- Deborah James, 26 years of service, IH