NEW CUMBERLAND, Pa. –
With yesterday’s record rainfall and tropical storm season upon us, there is no better time to prepare for flooding, tornadoes, and other disasters.
Each week this month, Defense Logistics Agency Installation Management Susquehanna, Pennsylvania, Security & Emergency Services will provide helpful tips and resources focusing on hazard preparedness.
Making a plan is easy. If you watch the news these days you will hear a lot about the global pandemic, wildfires, tornadoes, flooding and other disasters. We have plans at work on what actions to take during emergencies, but if disaster strikes in the area you live, do you have a plan? National Preparedness Month, recognized each September, provides an opportunity to remind us that we all must prepare ourselves and our families now and throughout the year.
Herer are the following tips to help get your plan up and running:
- Review your Emergency Action Plan at work at least twice a year and after any drills so you remain familiar with emergency actions.
- At home talk to your family and friends about how you will communicate before, during and after a disaster.
- If you have a plan, make sure it’s up to date and based on the Centers for Disease Control recommendations for the coronavirus.
- Make sure everyone knows the plan and what to do if communications are down.
- Go to: Make A Plan | Ready.gov to view information on hazards, protective actions, creating a family communication plan, alerts and warnings, safeguarding critical documents and much more.
Contact your local installation emergency manager for more information on safety plans and other preparations you can do to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.