KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany, Sept. 10, 2018 —
Employees at the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support Europe & Africa were recognized for their efforts to support the warfighter and other valued customers during a ceremony Aug. 28 in Kaiserslautern, Germany.
Army Lt. Col. Sherdrick Rankin, who took command of DLA Troop Support Europe & Africa in July, hosted the ceremony.
“I recognized immediately that there were some tremendous talent on this team and people needed to be recognized for their logistics efforts across Europe, Africa and the Middle East,” he said. “The support to all of our service members in all three of these areas of operation, schools, child development centers, commissaries, exercises and training events does not just happen magically. It takes the attention to detail, forecasting, and anticipation of these professionals on the team to ensure the magic happens each and every day.”
These are among the awards that were presented:
- 15 years of government service – James Chase
- May Team Member of the Month – Kimberlee Colip
- July Team Member of the Month – Robert Fielder
- August Team Member of the Month – Curtis Palmer
- Notable Achievement – Nathlie Iyabi
- Notable Achievement – Hartmut Schwarz
- Warfighter Support of the Month – Bridget Padua
- Sustained Superior Performance Award – Anja Klingenberg, Karin Jensen, Christine Morgan, Christine Hofaecker- Harsdorf, Klaus Clemens, Isolde Hart
- Intermediate Development Education selection (alternate) – Air Force Maj. Blake Johnson
- Joint Professional Military Education II selections – Army Maj. James Gattus and Dave Loyack