Financial Fitness and Planning
Financial planning for now and the future should begin as soon as you start your career. There can be unforeseen financial burdens or you may want to plan for high-dollar investments like cars and houses. Saving now is as important as saving for when you retire so you can live comfortably.
DLA offers tools and training to plan at the beginning of your career, keep you on track mid-career, and finally, planning for your late-career and retirement.
DLA online training opportunities
Classes available through the Learning Management System
- Pre-retirement Planning for FERS (COURSE GEN-fgov_01_a27_lc_enus) Online
- MID-CAREER RETIREMENT PLANNING CSRS/FERS (COURSE BUS-MCRP) $150 Instructor Led
- RETIREMENT SEMINAR (FERS) (COURSE OTH-RSF) $150 Instructor Led
- RETIREMENT SEMINAR (CSRS) (COURSE OTH-RSC) $100 Instructor Led
Government Retirement and Benefits (GRB) Platform eSeminars
- eSeminars including topics such as: Retirement, TSP, Social Security, Flexible Spending, Financial Planning & more. You must log into EBIS and click on the "eSeminars" tab.
Classroom training opportunities
Retirement and other classes at your site: contact your DLA Human Resources Services, DLA Training Forward Presence for class schedules. You can find a listing of Forward Presence by site on the DLA Human Resources landing page in eWorkplace. (CAC access required).
These sites have information about plan participation, investment funds, planning tools and more.
OPM site for federal retirees and their survivors
- Includes information about Healthcare, Dental and Vision care, Life insurance and Long-Term care
Life Insurance Calculator-OPM's calculator for Federal Employee Group Life Insurance costs
- Determine the face value of various combinations of FEGLI coverage.
- Calculate the premiums for the various combinations of coverage, and see how choosing different Options can change the amount of life insurance and the premiums.
- See how the life insurance carried into retirement will change over time.
Employee Assistance Program also offers financial planning information. Click on the "benefits" tab for more information.
MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. Whether you are buying a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401(k), the resources on MyMoney.gov can help you maximize your financial decisions.
OPM Retirement Preparation page offers online services, benefits calculator and more retirement information.
OPM Retirement Financial Literacy and Education Strategy Report to Congress
DLA Retirement webpage offers a Retirement Guide, benefits into retirement information (TSP, Social Security, etc.) and retirement estimates.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) offers a wealth of information regarding Financial Education for all ages and walks of life.
The Department of Defense Plan for Employee Financial Fitness Education, January 2013
Back to Top