Our Pledge to Applicants
The Office of Personnel Management and the Partnership for Public Service recognize that a Government's most important asset is its people. To attract talented people to the service of the Nation, we believe the application process should enable rather than deter job seekers. To that end, we will work to ensure a process that reflects these principles.
- A user-friendly application process that is not unduly burdensome or time consuming.
- Clear, understandable job announcements and instructions for applying.
- Timely and informed responses to questions about the requirements and the process.
- Prompt acknowledgement that their application has been received.
- Regular updates on the status of their applications as significant decisions are reached.
- A timely decision-making process.
Still Have Questions?
Here are some frequent questions we get from Job Seekers: