Who We Are
Warfighter-focused, globally responsive, fiscally responsible supply chain leadership.
DLA Aviation is the aviation demand and supply manager for Defense Logistics Agency with more than 4,000 civilian and military personnel in 20 locations across the United States. DLA Aviation supports more than 13,500 joint aircraft, 450 intercontinental ballistic missiles and a host of other weapons systems. The activity is the U.S. military's integrated material manager for more than 1.7 million national stock number items, industrial retail supply and depot-level reparable acquisitions.
DLA Aviation plays a pivotal role in supporting our Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, and Space Force services by providing targeted solutions and full-spectrum logistics support.
Deliver readiness and lethality to the Warfighter Always and support our nation through quality, proactive global logistics.
As the Nation’s Combat Logistics Support Agency and valued partner, we are innovative, adaptable, agile, and accountable –- focused on the Warfighter Always.
DELIVERING WEAPONS SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
What We Do
- Weapon Systems Support — engine components; bearings; airframes; electrical cable assemblies
- Industrial Support — maintain retail supply and storage in direct support of aircraft maintenance depot production lines
- Procurement Agent — strategic acquisition of consumable and depotlevel repairable material
- Industrial Plant Equipment — full range of maintenance services to include repair, rebuilding and acquisition of all types of industrial machinery, including lathes and milling machines
- Maps — maps, charts, publications and digital geospatial products for all DoD activities
- Kitting — flexible kit designs, service and support, oriented to maintenance users, by end-item for specific tasks
- Environmental — green products; re-refined motor oil; environmental products catalog and information Web page; ozone-friendly chemicals; remanufactured toner cartridges; recycled antifreeze
- Nuclear Enterprise Support — provide focused nuclear and space enterprise customer support through synchronized coordination and communication across DLA
DLA Aviation continuously partners with customers and suppliers to improve products and services. In fiscal year 2021 we:
- Processed 3.9 million customer orders (all services); achieved an average 93.6 percent material availability rate for industrial support
- Generated $5.0 billion sales (at standard unit price for all services)
- Managed 1.7 million national stock number items
- Managed depot-level reparable contracts for more than $2.4 billion
- Served 12,287 customers
- Conducted business with 3,468 suppliers
On the Web DLA Aviation:
Defense Logistics Agency
6090 Strathmore Road
Richmond, VA 23237
DLA Customer Interaction Center