DLA Aviation is the aviation demand and supply chain manager for DLA. It provides aviation weapon systems and environmental logistics support to the defense aviation community and other governmental customers.
DLA Aviation supports 2,307 weapon systems and is the U.S. military’s integrated material manager for more than 1.7 million national stock number items, industrial retail supply and depot-level reparable (DLR) acquisitions. Using a comprehensive demand planning process, our priorities align with those of our military customers. Positioned alongside its military customers, DLA Aviation manages industrial support activities and DLR procurement operations in Georgia, Oklahoma, Utah, North Carolina, California, and Florida. It also manages DLR procurement at Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Weapon Systems Support Philadelphia and Redstone Army Arsenal, Alabama.
DLA Aviation also operates the federal government's only industrial plant equipment repair facility at NAVSUP Weapon System Support, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
What Does Aviation Procure?
DLA Aviation’s primary mission is to procure repair parts for both fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft, bottled gases and cylinders, and oversee DLA’s green products initiative harnessing and recycling elements that would be hazardous to the environment.
DLA Aviation manages the Department of Defense (DoD) map repository of aeronautical, digital, hydrographic and topographic map products and operates the federal government’s only industrial plant equipment facility providing a full range of maintenance services to include repair, rebuilding and acquisition of all types of industrial machinery, including lathes and milling machines. The activity also purchases some of the consumable hardware items such as screws, bolts, and rivets. Below you will find our Commodities and their Federal Supply Classification (FSC) Code:
- Commodity: Aircraft Hydraulic, Vacuum and De-icing Components, FSC Code: 1650
- Commodity: Aircraft Landing Gear Components, FSC Code: 1620
- Commodity: Airframe Structural Components, FSC Code: 1560
- Commodity: Bearings, Plain, Unmounted, FSC Code: 3120
- Commodity: Bushings, Rings, Shims and Spacers, FSC Code: 5300s
- Commodity: Cable, Cord and Wire Assemblies, FSC Code: 5995
- Commodity: Chain and Wire Rope, FSC Code: 4010
- Commodity: Electrical Hardware, Supplies, FSC Code: 5975
- Commodity: Engine Electrical Systems Components, Aircraft, FSC Code: 2925
- Commodity: Gas Turbines, Jet Engine and Components, Aircraft, FSC Code: 2840
- Commodity: Hazardous Material Spill Containment Equipment, FSC Code: 4235
- Commodity: Lugs, Terminals, Terminal Strips, FSC Code: 5940
- Commodity: Miscellaneous Aircraft Accessories & Components, FSC Code: 1680
- Commodity: Miscellaneous Electric Power and Distribution Equipment, FSC Code: 6150
- Commodity: Pest, Disease, Frost Control Equipment, FSC Code: 3740
Where to Find Procurement Opportunities
DLA Aviation conducts most of its business electronically—from solicitation to award to payment. The DLA Internet Bid Board System (DIBBS) is a web-based bid board that allows suppliers to search for, view, and submit secure quotes on Requests for Quotations (RFQs), search and view Request for Proposals (RFPs), and view awards for DLA items of supply. Most DLA Aviation solicitations are posted on the DIBBS bid board at www.dibbs.bsm.dla.mil.
The DLA Aviation DLR sites use the Federal Contract Opportunities website at SAM.gov for posting of their opportunities. All procurements over $25,000 are publicized in SAM.gov. SAM.gov is especially important for RFP searches, since the RFP search capability in DIBBS is more limited. DLR solicitations, Sources Sought, and Requests for Information (RFIs) are also found on SAM.gov as these notices are not published in DIBBS.
Search for DLA Aviation opportunities and notices in SAM.gov using the following codes:
- Site: Richmond, DODAAC: SPE4***
- Site: Huntsville, DODAAC: SPRRA1, SPRRA2
- Site: Ogden SS&D, DODAAC: SPEHA6, SPMHA6, SPMHAN
- Site: Ogden, DODAAC: SPRHA1, SPRHA2, SPRHA3, SPRHA4
- Site: OKC SS&D, DODAAC: SPETA0, SPETA6, SPMTA0, SPMTA6
- Site: OKC, DODAAC: SPRTA1
- Site: Philadelphia, DODAAC: SPM5A3, SPM5AG, SPRPA1
- Site: Warner Robins SS&D, DODAAC: SPEWA0, SPEWA6, SPMWA6, SPMWAN
- Site: Warner Robins, DODAAC: SPRWA1, SPRWA8
- Site: San Diego FRC, DODAAC: SPEFA1
- Site: Jacksonville FRC, DODAAC: SPEFA3, SPEFA4
- Site: Cherry Point FRC, DODAAC: SPEFA5, SPEFA6
Opportunities listed below can be found on the DLA Small Business website’s Vendor Opportunities webpage at www.dla.mil/SmallBusiness/VendorOpportunities.
- Prime Strategic Contracting Opportunities - This spreadsheet details small business strategic solicitations. You can filter by type of set-aside, NSN and nomenclature. If interested in a particular solicitation, copy and paste the DIBBS link provided into your web browser to see the solicitation.
- Strategic Subcontracting Opportunities Points-of-Contact - This spreadsheet provides points of contact for the major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) that support DLA Aviation’s strategic contracts. You can use the information in the sheet if you are interested in exploring subcontracting opportunities with the OEMs.
Major Spend Pattern Fiscal Year FY 2021 (All Dollars)
Grand Total DLA Aviation FY21: $6,145,890,991
NAICS Code: 336413
- NAICS Description: OTHER AIRCRAFT PARTS AND AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURING,
- Dollars Obligated: $2,832,086,563
NAICS Code: 336412
- NAICS Description: AIRCRAFT ENGINE AND ENGINE PARTS MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $1,020,532,630
NAICS Code: 334511
- NAICS Description: SEARCH, DETECTION, NAVIGATION, GUIDANCE, AERONAUTICAL, AND NAUTICAL SYSTEM AND INSTRUMENT MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $359,754,769
NAICS Code: 332510
- NAICS Description: HARDWARE MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $213,140,723
NAICS Code: 332991
- NAICS Description: BALL AND ROLLER BEARING MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $163,520,087
NAICS Code: 336411
- NAICS Description: AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $163,253,542
NAICS Code: 334419
- NAICS Description: OTHER ELECTRONIC COMPONENT MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $146,920,033
NAICS Code: 332722
- NAICS Description: BOLT, NUT, SCREW, RIVET, AND WASHER MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $113,307,380
NAICS Code: 333517
- NAICS Description: MACHINE TOOL MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $98,860,441
NAICS Code: 324191
- NAICS Description: PETROLEUM LUBRICATING OIL AND GREASE MANUFACTURING
- Dollars Obligated: $94,351,936
For additional information and resources can be found on the DLA Small Business website www.dla.mil/smallbusiness
Phone Number: 804-279-6330
Deputy Director/Richmond Team Lead
Phone Number: 804-279-3639