FORT BELVOIR, Va. –
The DLA Foundation awarded 19 scholarships to students with close family connections to current or past civilian or military Defense Logistics Agency employees. Scholarships of $1,500 each are awarded annually based on merit and financial need.
The 2020 scholarship recipients and the organization and location of their DLA family members are:
- Josias Apiou - DLA Headquarters; Columbus, Ohio
- Jozie Brajkovich - DLA Distribution; New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
- Timothy Bui - DLA Troop Support; Philadelphia
- MarShae Cooksey-Webster - DLA Aviation; Midwest City, Oklahoma
- Logan Currin - DLA Distribution; Tracy, California
- Taylor Davis - DLA Aviation; Richmond, Virginia
- Kelly Dearman - DLA Headquarters; Richmond, Virginia
- Lisa Dube - DLA Disposition Services; Battle Creek, Michigan
- Justin Edwards - DLA Indo-Pacific; Anchorage, Alaska
- Lauren McNear - DLA Headquarters; Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Dominique Pelayo - DLA Distribution; New Cumberland
- Alyssa Reed - DLA Aviation; Richmond, Virginia
- Rooney Carter - DLA Troop Support; Philadelphia
- Tristan Sanders - DLA Land and Maritime; Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- Ana Scharberg - DLA Troop Support; Philadelphia
- Emily Seay - DLA Energy; Lorton, Virginia
- Sean Shacklock - DLA Distribution; New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
- Asiauana Spikes - DLA Headquarters; Robins Air Force Base, Georgia
- Shawn Sullivan Jr. - DLA Headquarters; Fort Drum, New York
Thomas Gabel, family member of a DLA Distribution employee in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, received the DLA Foundation Scholarship in Honor of Frank Lotts, a former DLA Senior Executive Service member who inspired many throughout the agency and his community. He died in November 2007. The Frank Lotts scholarship is awarded to a student who’s pursuing a science, technology, engineering and math degree. The $2,000 scholarship is provided through an anonymous donation.
Children, stepchildren, grandchildren, nieces or nephews of current or former DLA military or civilian employees are eligible for scholarships. The DLA Foundation accomplishes fundraising for scholarships by hosting various events throughout the year, and through personal contributions and Combined Federal Campaign donations.
The DLA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization not affiliated with the Department of Defense.