Government Career Day 2017
By Dawn Suton
DLA Land and Maritime People and Culture Directorate
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Nov. 13, 2017 —
DLA Land and Maritime participated in the Government Career Day 2017 at John Carroll University, Cleveland, Ohio. This was a consortium event provided in cooperation with Cleveland Federal Executive Board, Baldwin Wallace University, Cleveland State University, John Carroll University, Lorain County Community College, and Ursuline College.
The purpose of the Government Career Day was primarily educational and provided agencies an opportunity to:
- Explain mission to the Cleveland community
- Educate applicants about opportunities, qualifications, & application processes
- Establish and foster relationships with other federal, state and local agencies
- Create partnerships with local universities
- Build a talent pipeline and meet your goals for succession planning
More than 50 potential applicants visited the booth. Attendees were interested in full-time employment opportunities mainly in business and contracting.