COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 23, 2018 —
Nominations for courses under the Fiscal Year 2019 Defense Logistics Agency Executive Development Program are currently being accepted.
The purpose of EDP is to develop DLA’s current and future leaders, prepare them to effectively navigate and manage leadership challenges and develop leadership competencies critical to maintaining supply chain excellence.
Managers are encouraged to nominate high potential, highly motivated individuals, and ensure there is a plan to leverage the knowledge and skills learned in the workplace upon course completion. Nominations are due no later than Oct. 25.
DLA civilian employees in grades GS-13 through GS-15 are eligible for nomination. Military officers (O-4/6) are eligible for select courses, as stated on assignment descriptions. Tuition is centrally funded through EDP. Travel and per diem is the responsibility of the nominating organization. Selection decisions are made by the DLA Executive Resources Board.
Individuals may be nominated for up to two of the following courses:
- Advanced Management Program
- College of Naval Warfare
- Defense Senior Leader Development Program
- DoD Executive Leadership Development Program*
- Emerging Leaders
- Excellence in Government Fellows
- Executive Development Seminar: Leading Change
- Leadership at the Peak
- Leadership Decision Making: Optimizing Organizational Performance
- Leadership Development Program
- Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Certificate Program
- Leadership for a Democratic Society
- Leadership for the 21st Century: Chaos, Conflict and Courage
- Leading for Organizational Impact: The Looking Glass Experience
- Leading Strategically
- Leading Teams for Impact
- Life Cycle Executive Leadership Program
- Senior Executive Fellows
- The Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy
Nomination packages must be submitted through the nominee’s chain of command to DLA Human Resources Services, DLA Training.
Completed nomination packages must be received by Oct. 25 to DLA Training, Forward Presence.
Course descriptions and nomination documents are available on the https://employees.hr.dla.mil/workforce/executive.asp
Nominees are encouraged to review course requirements carefully and begin early. Incomplete packages will be eliminated.
* GS-12’s are also eligible for this course.
Point of contact for this action DLA Training, Forward Presence.