COLUMBUS, Ohio, Sept. 25, 2019 —
The Defense Logistics Agency Executive Development Program is currently seeking nominations for fiscal year 2020.
The purpose of the EDP is to develop DLA’s current and future leaders, prepare them to effectively navigate and manage leadership challenges, and develop leadership competencies critical to maintaining supply chain excellence.
Managers are encouraged to nominate high potential, highly motivated individuals. Managers must also ensure the nominee’s availability to attend if selected and ensure there is a plan in place to leverage the knowledge and skills learned. Nominations are due no later than Oct. 10
To be considered, candidates need to be permanent DLA civilian employees in grades GS-12 through GS-15 with at least 18 months of continuous service with DLA at the time of their nomination. Military officers O-4 through O-6 are eligible for select courses as stated on assignment descriptions. Tuition is centrally funded through EDP.
Travel and per diem is the responsibility of the nominating organization. Selection decisions are made by the DLA Executive Resources Board.
Individuals may be nominated for up to two of the following courses:
• Advanced Management Program
• Defense Senior Leader Development Program
• DOD Executive Leadership Development Program*
• Emerging Leaders
• Excellence in Government Fellows
• Executive Development: Leading Change
• Extraordinary Leadership
• Leadership as a Daily Challenge
• Leadership Decision Making: Optimizing Organizational Performance
• Leadership Development Program
• Leadership for a Democratic Society
• Leadership for the 21st Century: Chaos, Conflict, and Courage
• Leading for Organizational Impact: The Looking Glass Experience
• Leading Strategically
• Leading Teams for Impact
• Leading with Analytics
• Life Cycle Executive Leadership Program
• LOGTECH Program in Advanced Logistics and Technology
• Mastering Negotiation: Building Agreements Across Boundaries
• Senior Executive Fellows
• The Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy
• The Leader Within
Nomination packages must be submitted through the nominee’s chain of command to the Program Manager, for the People and Culture Directorate.
Completed nomination packages must be received by Oct. 10 to Raymond.email@example.com, People and Culture Directorate.
Course descriptions and nomination documents are available on the DLA Executive Development Program (EDP) web page.
Nominees are encouraged to review course requirements carefully and begin early. Packages should be reviewed for format and grammatical errors and must be submitted on time. Incomplete packages will be eliminated.
* GS-12’s are also eligible for this course.
Point of contact for this action Raymond.firstname.lastname@example.org at the People and Culture Directorate.