March 8, 2016 —
The March/April issue of Loglines magazine, “Process Excellence,” is now available in print and online. The issue takes an in-depth look at how DLA is improving its business processes to better serve the warfighter. Highlights include:
- How Enterprise Process Management aligns DLA’s internal processes with customers’ needs and shows employees how their work contributes to the agency’s overarching mission.
- How DLA employees can help the agency mitigate risk by keeping the big picture in mind,
- Metrics and how DLA officials will soon begin measuring how well the agency meets customers’ needs by using existing data to establish baseline goals for time, cost and performance.
- With DLA ready for an audit this year, agency planners are looking forward to the next phase in the agency’s progression: fine tuning its end-to-end processes.
- The Defense Logistics Agency is embracing change through a rejuvenated continuous process improvement program which encourages its employees to submit ideas to improve the process activities they participate in.
- Resiliency and how DLA employees can take advantage of a range of programs to assist with life’s challenges.
This issue also includes a question-and-answer column with Marcus Bowers, director of DLA Strategic Plans and Policy, and a history piece detailing World War II Logistics Lessons.
Printed copies of Loglines are available throughout DLA’s locations and a digital copy of the magazine is also available. There is also a video detailing the issue. To subscribe to Loglines, email firstname.lastname@example.org.