To decrease and preclude dependence upon foreign sources or single points of failure for strategic materials in times of national emergency.
Subject matter experts solving the strategic and critical material needs for national defense.
Provide for the:
- Operation and oversight of the National Defense Stockpile
- Acquisition and retention of stockpile materials
- Conversion and upgrade of stockpile materials to prevent obsolescence
- Development and Qualification of domestic sources of strategic materials
- Recycling of strategic materials from end-of-life Government items
- Disposal of excess stocks for operational funding
For more information please visit the DLA Strategic Materials homepage