The DLA OIG Audit Division (AD) is the command assurance activity that performs independent internal audits, attestations, and advisory services in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and Department of Defense Inspector General (DOD IG) requirements.
In executing this mission, the Audit Division performs the following two functions:
- Conducting operational and financial related audits by focusing on the internal controls, the design and effectiveness of programs, and financial stewardship. The division also supports investigators with analysis and evaluation.
- Serving as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for independent public accounting firms performing either Statements on Standards for Attestations Engagements Number 16 (SSAE 16) or full financial statement audits. This includes oversight of:
- Development of the Performance Work Statement (PWS)/Statement of Work (SOW),
- Execution of the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP), and
- Ensuring compliance with professional auditing standards.
To suggest or request audits, contact the office of the Deputy Inspector General for Auditing at OIG_Audit@dla.mil.
The DLA OIG Investigations Division (ID) investigates matters of interest to the DLA director, DLA senior leadership, and the DLA Office of the General Counsel, including allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, allegations of other crimes, and allegations of misconduct, that affect DLA. The ID goals are to discover the truth; to identify and mitigate agency risk; to improve processes; and to protect and preserve resources. Teaching and Training is integrated into every part of the ID mission.