Your request applies only to records maintained in a Privacy Act "System of Records". These are records under the control of the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) from which personal information about an individual is retrieved by the name of the individual, or by some other identifying number, symbol, or other identifying particular assigned, that is unique to the individual.
- Access to DLA's published Privacy Act systems of records
- DLA may also maintain records on you under any of the Federal agency systems of records notices which are applicable government-wide. Access to Published government-wide Privacy Act systems of records notices.
Requests may be made by you or your duly authorized agent.
Requests for access must be in writing and be "properly" received. Your request is considered "properly" received when it meets all of the following criteria:
- Identifies the particular "systems of records" you want searched;
- Provides the information listed under the "Notification procedures" or "Record access procedures" elements of the applicable system of records notice;
- Verifies your identity. DLA can use certain minimum identifying data provided in your written request; however, when the information sought is of a sensitive nature, additional identifying data may be required. Such as:
- An unsworn declaration under penalty of perjury in accordance with 28 U.S.C. 1746. The requester provides a signed and dated statement that reads:
- If executed within the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct Executed on (date), (Signature)"
- If executed without the United States, "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct Executed on (date), (Signature)"
- Notarized signatures.
- Adequately explains a request for expedited processing, if applicable;
- States whether you agree to pay fees associated with the processing of your request; and
- Contains a written release authority if records are to be released to a third party. Third parties could be a law firm, a Congressman's office, a union official, or a private entity.
Label your access request and envelope "Privacy Act Request" and send it to:
DLA FOIA/Privacy Office
Defense Logistics Agency, ATTN: DGA
8725 John J Kingman Road, Suite 1644
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-6221