Qualified Products List (QPL)
A Qualified Products List is a listing of products or family of products that have met the qualification requirements set forth in the applicable specification, including appropriate product identification, tests or qualification reference, and the name and plant address of the manufacturer and authorized distributor. A QPL listing is used by government activities to determine approved sources of supply for items they wish to procure.
Why are we doing it?
The need for QPL is determined by qualification requirements in a specification. These requirements can only be justified if:
- it is determined that time to conduct the tests identified in the applicable specification would exceed 30 days
- or special equipment not commonly available is required to conduct the tests
- or the tests are required for emergency life-saving equipment
The Provisions Governing Qualification, SD-6, are issued as guidance for, and conformance by, manufacturers proposing to submit products for qualification. An applicant who wants more information or clarification on having their product qualified should:
- Register for an ASSIST account at https://assist.dla.mil
- Contact the preparing activity indicated in ASSIST for the specification they wish to have their product qualified to.
For questions regarding difficulty with the Qualified Products Database web page, accessing the Qualified Products Database or ASSIST, call the ASSIST service desk at 215-737-8000.
For questions on qualified products lists for DLA Troop Support Industrial Hardware commodities (eg. screws, nuts, bolts, studs washers, nails, pins, o-rings, clamps and other items typically referred to as bench stock or repair parts), call 215-737-3776.
For questions on qualified products lists, qualified suppliers lists or qualified manufacturers lists for DLA Land and Maritime commodities (eg. microcircuits, electronic, hybrid or passive devices), email VQWEBTEAM@DLA.mil or call 614-692-0619.