COLUMBUS, Ohio –
The Defense Logistics Agency Land and Maritime Academy will be held Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 from 8 – 4 p.m. in Building 11 room 801.
The purpose of the Academy is to increase DLA Land and Maritime employees understanding of the organization’s mission and how it’s accomplished. Several presenters are scheduled to speak about their directorates and provide insight on their mission, leadership, strategic focus, customers, current and future projects and plans, metrics and points of contact.
The target audience for this Academy is associates employed with DLA Land and Maritime for less than five years. DLA’s People and Culture Directorate is currently working with training coordinators and directorate points of contact to identify employees in this target audience who are available to attend the upcoming session. Supervisors with any questions regarding specific employees on the target audience list should contact their training coordinators.
Employees who attend the Academy will self-enroll in LMS using the course title “Land and Maritime Academy.” Employees can choose a date to attend using one of the following course IDs:
- 55180 Oct. 30
- 55181 Oct. 31
- 55182 Nov. 1
Please note the following:
- Employees only need to attend one session.
- Seventy seats will be available each session.
- Employees will choose the session they want to attend. See self-enroll note above.
- Employees should self-enroll on or before Oct. 10.
- Attendance is mandatory for those employees able to attend.
- Employees who previously attended the Academy will not need to attend again.
- Employees are encouraged to contact the Land and Maritime Equal Employment Office to request reasonable accommodations.
For questions, email the program manager.