About l Contact Us l Events
Events & Activities
View all events and activities on the official DLA Land and Maritime calendar.
About Supervisor Council
To address workforce perceptions and recommend actionable solutions that promote understanding, credibility, teamwork, integrity, respect and accountability among associates and management, both personally and professionally.
Goals and Objectives
To discuss, research, and analyze leadership concerns brought before the Council, determine the impact of various strategies, reach consensus on appropriate actions, and share information from the meetings with all Land and Maritime Supervisors. The Council will make recommendations to senior management for improvement.
Overall goals include (but not limited to):
- To facilitate communication between senior management and all levels of supervision throughout the entire DLA Land and Maritime organizational structure.
- To promote continual leadership development.
- To work in partnership with the DLA Corporate Leadership Council.
- To foster communication between new supervisors and seasoned managers.
- To provide information that will promote understanding and support of new or ongoing initiatives.
- To obtain feedback and recommendations about ongoing initiatives affecting the "Management Team" stakeholder group.
- Act as a "sounding board" for leadership.
- To provide a peer-level support network, for sharing lessons and learned/best practices.
- To foster an environment wherein primarily DLA Land and Maritime Managers/Supervisors have an opportunity to share and discuss concerns and suggestions affecting or involving Management.
- Command will have this resource available to enable immediate top-down communication of ideas, problems, opportunities, etc. so that feedback from within the supervisory ranks may be quickly and directly obtained whenever desired in the process of managing the organization.
- To provide a resource to facilitate communication of ideas, problems and opportunities.
- Members represent all supervisors in their respective organization and are responsible for communicating pertinent information.
- To serve in an advisory capacity to organizational leadership.
- To select representatives to attend DLA Land and Maritime councils (i.e., Safety Council, Culture Council, Training Council, etc.)
- Administration of the DLA Land and Maritime Supervisor of the Month recognition program and submit nominations to command for approval.
- Provide suggested topics to support the DLA Land and Maritime Supervisors call.