About l Events l Contact Us
Events & Activities
View all events and activities on the official DLA Land and Maritime calendar.
About Training Council
The Training Council is chartered to evaluate, recommend and coordinate on training and development issues and initiatives at DLA Land and Maritime. The council will focus on training and development changes, challenges, opportunities, compliance, and mission requirements. The council will ensure that strategies are intrinsically linked to DLA performance targets. The council will provide training and development recommendations to the Executive Training Committee.
Sponsored by Director and Deputy Director of the People and Culture Directorate.
Meetings are held once a month or as required.
Membership consists of a multi-functional group representing DLA Land and Maritime Directorates and Detachments. Each Directorate/Detachment will select a primary and alternate council representative. The alternate representative will attend meetings when the primary is absent. Other functional areas may be called upon to provide expert input and or guidance on an as needed basis. Members are expected to fulfill their responsibilities as follows:
- Read minutes and come to meetings prepared to report on or discuss agenda topics
- Notify chair if unable to attend and offer input/feedback for agenda topics
- Actively seek input from constituents
- Participate on special committees
- Recruit volunteers as needed to assist on committee projects
- Serve as a positive role model for the ideals of the Training Council
- Elevate issues and concerns to the Executive Committee as needed
- Complete assigned action items by established goal/due date
For more information, please contact us at DLALandandMaritimeTrainingCouncil@dla.mil.