Helping to build world-class organizations
About l Events l Related Sites
Events & Activities
View all events and activities on the official DLA Land and Maritime calendar.
About Culture Council
To address workforce perceptions and recommend actionable solutions that promote understanding, credibility, teamwork, integrity, respect and accountability among associates and management, both personally and professionally.
The Culture Council will be a progressive team that continuously makes a positive impact on the culture and workplace environment.
- Build a world class organization
- Provide a forum for all associates
- Provide a governance mechanism for cultural transformation
- Promote and nurture behaviors that foster mutual trust and respect
- Bridge the gap of perceptions that impact the DLA Way
We provide structure and consistency that is recognized throughout the DLA Community as the DLA Land and Maritime Commander's instrument of cultural transformation activities. We are also a conduit for all associates to quickly communicate ideas, problems and opportunities that impact the core values and beliefs of the DLA Culture, with the intent that feedback/action may be timely and effective.
Take the pulse of the workforce through a variety of communication tools Access the gap between expectations and reality with regards to the workplace culture Identify key issues that affect the morale and recommend possible actions Lead Culture transformation activities.
WHAT IS CULTURE?
Culture ... Sum of shared values, beliefs and norms of behavior
- Values...Fundamental principles and standards such as integrity or respect
- Beliefs...What people hear inside or outside the organization and perceptions about what leaders are doing and saying
- Behaviors...Beliefs turned into action
DLA uses the Denison Model as a tool to measure its culture and the culture of each of its field activities.
The Defense Supply Center Columbus Culture Council represents associates from DLA Land and Maritime, J6, J8, HR Svcs-C and DM-FC.
Associates at Defense Supply Center Columbus and other DLA activities use results of the Climate Culture survey to help shape efforts to improve their organization's culture.
Listing does not imply endorsement by the Department of Defense or Defense Logistics Agency.