Q&A on COVID-19 and Vaccine Exemptions
Information for Requesting Exemption to the COVID-19 Vaccine Based on Medical or Religious Beliefs
Please contact your local Disability Program Coordinator (DPC) at the following mailboxes:
How to Determine Who Is Your Servicing DPC?
Your servicing DPC is determined based on your first line supervisors duty location. For example if your first line supervisor is located in Richmond then you would send the exemption request to the Aviation mailbox. If your 1st line supervisor is located at Fort Belvoir then you would send the exemption request to the HQs mailbox unless of course you are an Energy employee located at Fort Belvoir. In this situation you would send your request to the Energy mailbox. All questions or requests pertaining to this subject should be sent to the mailboxes stated above.
Current Vaccine Exemption Information
- Submit your request to your local servicing EEO Office. Each Major Subordinate Command (MSC) has a mailbox (Documented above) to receive requests for exemptions due to the COVID-19 Vaccine. Requests can be based on medical conditions or religious beliefs.
- The DoD Force Health Protection Guidance (Supplement 23) Revision 2 was signed on Oct. 29, 2021, and includes additional information on exemptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, which includes DD Form 3176, “Request for a Medical Exemption or Delay to the COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement” and DD Form 3177, “Request for a Religious Exemption to the COVID Vaccination Requirement.”
- Requests should be submitted utilizing the approved request for medical or religious exception to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement form along with any supporting documentation to the designated mailbox.
- Requests should be submitted by the Employee; all medical documentation is sent directly to the exemption mailbox for the DPC to review (Employees should not submit medical documentation to their supervisor).
- If you already submitted a request for exception and you already provided documentation answering the questions that are stated on the newly provided forms please do not send any updates at this time. DPC’s are currently reviewing all requests and will notify individuals if additional information is needed.
- If you have not submitted any documentation to date answering the questions that are on the forms please complete the form that is in line with your request and submit it to the designated vaccine mailbox.
- While we are waiting for additional guidance, requests will be held in abeyance. Once guidance is provided requests will be processed in the order that they are received.
- You may be requested to provide additional clarifying information at a later date in the process.
- DLA employees who are requesting RA exemption are encouraged to submit exception requests NLT November 8, 2021.
- The mandated date for all DLA employees to be fully vaccinated is November 22, 2021, unless a medical or Religious Accommodation has been granted.
Vaccine Exemption Forms
Reasonable Accommodation Medical Exemption Form, DD Form 3176
Reasonable Accommodation Religious Exemption Form, DD Form 3177
NOTE: In some browsers, you will not be able to digitally SIGN the form. Please DOWNLOAD the form to your government computer or government issued cell phone and open it in a PDF application, such as Adobe Acrobat, in order to SIGN it.
Q&A About COVID-19 and ADA from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) - Technical Assistance Questions and Answers - Updated on May 28, 2021
What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA