The Logistics Data Gateway (LDG) is a DoD level utility that provides for easy web access to the current and historical data that flows through DAAS and provide these data in an integrated fashion. These data, stored in an operational data store/data mart at DAAS, is available to a customer to do operational research via the Internet, analyze data, create reports, track requisitions, monitor trends, and project future needs based on the true demands of the customer. The customer can format their output to fit their exact needs and save their output securely on the DAAS server, or distribute the results, as they desire. The LDG houses and provides access to the associated supporting logistics data files that are processed and used by the DAAS in the performance of the mission essential functions that are required to edit, validate and route these DoD logistics transactions to their appropriate destination. Standard Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) tools are used to allow users and applications access to information and data that resides at the DAAS. These tools provide for the retrieval of required data from multiple data stores within DAAS and applying the business rules provided by the individual customer to accomplish the translation and aggregation of DAAS managed data for the desired product.
By integrating the numerous types of DAAS managed data into this LDG operational data store/data-mart and having a web-enabled gateway, DAAS is more closely positioned to support total asset visibility requirements. This DoD level capability is positioned to be responsive, flexible and precise in responding to customer requirements.
The LDG also supports and provides the following benefits:
- Provide for a more efficient mechanism to access and communicate these logistics data to the user, thereby providing the customer better information and allowing them to make more informed decisions;
- To foster the strategic use of technology to manage logistics data as a joint DoD asset;
To provide standard definitions that will facilitate data sharing between government agencies;
- To improve management decisions through the availability of more timely and accurate information;
- To enable the integration of systems and data which will become easier with consistent definitions;
- Minimize replication of data at multiple installations;
- Provide customers the ability to access logistics data on-line without calling a functional support person;
- Create a system, which is responsive, flexible and precise;
- Provide improvements in reliability, maintainability and sustainability while reducing Total Ownership Cost (TOC);
- Generate adhoc reports on demand, and
Generate demand statistics and forecast trends.
Decision support and business intelligence systems, such as the LDG, enables DAAS to provide an aggregate, and integrated source of data to fulfill component, Headquarters, and Commander-in-Chief (CINC)-level of organizational requirements for aggregate logistics reporting needs. The LDG is a vital element for supplying logistics data from one source that supports aggregate logistics reporting requirements for the DoD.
- Valid Common Access Card (CAC)
- Login and Password
- Internet Access
- Current Release of Netscape or Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser
- For access to LDG SDR, fill out the
- System Access Request
- Contact the following for DoD LDG SDR System issues and help:
- DAAS Information Center
Telephone: DSN 312-850-6672, Commercial (614) 692-6672
The DLMSO Functional POC for this effort is:
Defense Logistics Management Standards Office (DLMSO)