The JCP established in 1985 to allow United States (U.S.)/Canadian contractors to apply for access to Department of Defense/Department of National Defence (DOD/DND) unclassified export controlled technical data/critical technology on an equally favorable basis in accordance with DODI 5320.25 “Withholding of Unclassified Technical Data and Technology from Public Disclosure”, and Canadian Technical Data Control Regulations.
- is a jointly staffed office and the only DOD/DND agency that reviews and certifies the DD Form 2345.
- provides customer support to defense contractors applying for certification.
- receives, processes and maintains approximately 9,000 DD Form 2345s annually.
- establishes JCP policy based on DOD/DND Directives.
- consults and cooperates with government stakeholders in the development of common industrial security policies, procedures and technology controls.
- partners with DOD legal counsel and federal law enforcement on debarment actions.
DD Form 2345 is used:
- for U.S./Canadian defense contractors to obtain DOD/DND unclassified export controlled technical data.
- to attend gatherings such as:
- Program briefings
- Meetings designed to publicize advance requirements of contracting agencies
- Pre-solicitation, pre-bid, pre-proposal, pre-award conferences, workshops and tours
- to request unclassified visits directly with other certified U.S. or Canadian defense contractors or U.S. and Canadian military facilities.
Note: Please refer to our general and specific instructions for completing the DD Form 2345.
Contact us for questions or additional interest in JCP.