The JCP established in 1985 to allow United States (U.S.)/Canadian contractors to apply for access to Department of Defense/Department of National Defence (DOD/DND) unclassified export controlled technical data/critical technology on an equally favorable basis in accordance with DODI 5320.25 “Withholding of Unclassified Technical Data and Technology from Public Disclosure”, and Canadian Technical Data Control Regulations.
- is a jointly staffed office and the only DOD/DND agency that reviews and certifies the DD Form 2345 (PDF).
- provides customer support to defense contractors applying for certification.
- receives, processes and maintains approximately 9,000 DD Form 2345s (PDF) annually.
- establishes JCP policy based on DOD/DND Directives.
- consults and cooperates with government stakeholders in the development of common industrial security policies, procedures and technology controls.
- partners with DOD legal counsel and federal law enforcement on debarment actions.
The DD Form 2345 (PDF) is used for the following purposes:
- Bid on a DOD solicitation or execute a DOD contract that involves access to export controlled technical
- Conference/meeting attendance that discusses/shares DOD/DND export controlled material/data
- DOD/DND export controlled technical data exchange between vendors
- Obtain Request for Proposal (RFP) details involving DOD/DND export controlled data
- DOD Research/Development projects involving export controlled data
- Participation in a Directly Arranged Visit (DAV) (Canada to U.S. or U.S. to Canada)
Note: Please refer to our general and specific instructions for completing the DD Form 2345 (PDF).
You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for additional information about JCP.