The JCP established in 1985 to allow United States (U.S.)/Canadian contractors to apply for access to Department of Defense/Department of National Defence (DOD/DND) unclassified export controlled technical data/critical technology on an equally favorable basis in accordance with DODI 5320.25 “Withholding of Unclassified Technical Data and Technology from Public Disclosure”, and Canadian Technical Data Control Regulations.
- is a jointly staffed office and the only DOD/DND agency that reviews and certifies the DD Form 2345.
- provides customer support to defense contractors applying for certification.
- receives, processes and maintains approximately 9,000 DD Form 2345s annually.
- establishes JCP policy based on DOD/DND Directives.
- consults and cooperates with government stakeholders in the development of common industrial security policies, procedures and technology controls.
- partners with DOD legal counsel and federal law enforcement on debarment actions.
DD Form 2345 is used:
- for U.S./Canadian defense contractors to obtain DOD/DND unclassified export controlled technical data.
- to attend gatherings such as:
- Program briefings
- Meetings designed to publicize advance requirements of contracting agencies
- Pre-solicitation, pre-bid, pre-proposal, pre-award conferences, workshops and tours
- to request unclassified visits directly with other certified U.S. or Canadian defense contractors or U.S. and Canadian military facilities.
Note: Please refer to our general and specific instructions for completing the DD Form 2345.
You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for additional information about JCP.
Contact us for questions or additional interest in JCP.