The JCP established in 1985 to allow United States (U.S.)/Canadian contractors to apply for access to Department of Defense/Department of National Defence (DOD/DND) unclassified export controlled technical data/critical technology on an equally favorable basis in accordance with DODI 5320.25 “Withholding of Unclassified Technical Data and Technology from Public Disclosure”, and Canadian Technical Data Control Regulations.
- is a jointly staffed office and the only DOD/DND agency that reviews and certifies the DD Form 2345.
- provides customer support to defense contractors applying for certification.
- receives, processes and maintains approximately 9,000 DD Form 2345s annually.
- establishes JCP policy based on DOD/DND Directives.
- consults and cooperates with government stakeholders in the development of common industrial security policies, procedures and technology controls.
- partners with DOD legal counsel and federal law enforcement on debarment actions.
The DD Form 2345 is used for the following purposes:
- Bid on a DOD solicitation or execute a DOD contract that involves access to export controlled technical
- Conference/meeting attendance that discusses/shares DOD/DND export controlled material/data
- DOD/DND export controlled technical data exchange between vendors
- Obtain Request for Proposal (RFP) details involving DOD/DND export controlled data
- DOD Research/Development projects involving export controlled data
- Participation in a Directly Arranged Visit (DAV) (Canada to U.S. or U.S. to Canada)
Note: Please refer to our general and specific instructions for completing the DD Form 2345.
You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for additional information about JCP.
Contact us for questions or additional interest in JCP.