UPDATED CONTACT INFO:
Effective Nov. 10, 2019, contact information for DoD employees accessing EAP services has changed.
Please note new phone number -- 1-866-580-9046 -- and update web links as indicated below.
Department of Defense Employee Assistance Program for DLA
(**NOTE: This is a new web address effective Nov. 10, 2019. Please update bookmarks.)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) brings together a variety of personal services under one roof. At one time or another, each of us may face problems or concerns related to areas such as mental health, financial and/or legal matters, alcohol or drug abuse, work-related stressors, marriage/family and caregiving issues, illnesses, accidents, and relationships. The EAP is a free and confidential counseling and referral service available to all employees and their dependents. Your EAP provides initial telephone consultation, problem assessment/clarification, short-term in-person counseling, and referral to treatment options through the employee's health plan or community resources, if needed.The Employee Assistance Program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every single day of the year.
EAP Access: Contact the 24/7/365 EAP line by dialing the new EAP phone number for DoD employees effective Nov. 10, 2019: 1-866-580-9046. Identify DLA as your servicing agency.
- Counseling: The EAP is a confidential counseling and referral service that can help you and your family successfully deal with life’s challenges. EAP services are available at no cost to you. Counselors can also provide referrals to community resources based on client needs, health insurance coverage, and financial resources.
- Legal and Financial: EAP includes free consultation with financial experts and licensed attorneys to provide assistance with your legal and financial questions. Services include help with living wills and health care power of attorneys, housing or real estate matters, estate planning, education funding, and retirement planning and investment strategies.
- Health and Wellness Presentations and EAP Orientations: EAP makes health and wellness presentations and orientations to support supervisors and employees. The orientation sessions discuss the benefits of EAP, how the EAP functions, and how to access the service. Health and wellness presentations include such topics as conflict resolution, substance abuse prevention, balancing work and life, time and stress management, and more.
- Supervisor and Risk Management Consultation: EAP counselors provide guidance and consultation so that supervisors can effectively identify, interact with, and refer employees with performance or conduct issues to the program. Counselors are available 24/7 to discuss performance concerns and the appropriate EAP intervention.
- Critical Incident Response: Exposure to threats, acts of violence, natural disasters, injury, or death calls for immediate response. EAP’s trained critical incident stress management (CISM) counselors assist in management consultations, CISM services, and follow-up with the organization and individuals.
- Webinars: Learn about emotional health and wellness topics by attending pre-recorded webinars and podcasts.