IGD 1001: ESOHMS POLICY
This IGD ensures the continual development, review, and approval of the DLA-SM Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health Management System (ESOHMS) Policy Statement and DLA-SM Depot Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) Policy Statements. This IGD applies to all DLA-SM personnel (HQ and Depots), those working on our behalf, and all applicable business units, and ensures that we adhere to the ESOHMS Policy Statement and applicable Depot VPP Policy Statement. The ESOHMS Policy Statement and the Depot VPP Policy Statements are reviewed at least annually by the Administrator and will be modified, as appropriate, to achieve the DLA-SM ESOHMS and VPP objectives.
- ESOHMS Policy Statement
The ESOHMS Policy Statement establishes the framework for DLA-SM environmental, safety, and occupational health functions and activities. The ESOHMS Policy Statement provides the foundation for controlling the environmental impacts; safety and occupational health risks of its activities; commodities; and services; and establishes ESOHMS objectives. The key elements of the ESOHMS Policy Statement include:
- Addressing the ESOHMS Policy’s support of mission objectives.
- Complying with the requirements of all relevant ESOH laws, regulations, and other requirements, including OSHA VPP elements and sub-elements, and DLA-SM policies and procedures.
- Fostering a dialogue with employees, those persons working on behalf of the government within DLA-SM, and the public, regarding the potential impact of our operations, including host and tenant agencies as appropriate.
- Promoting a safe and healthy work environment by eliminating hazards and reducing ESOH risks and promoting pollution prevention through environmental stewardship.
- Continually improving environmental, safety, and occupational health performance through training and integrating environmental, safety, and occupational health considerations for our business planning processes.
- Depot VPP Policy Statements
Each Depot VPP Policy Statement is a statement of commitment and responsibility of each Depot Manager to ensure their Depot operates in a safe and healthy manner under the elements and sub-elements of the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
- Communication of the ESOHMS Policy Statement and Depot VPP Policy Statements
The ESOHMS Policy Statement and Depot VPP Policy Statements will be communicated and made available, through various media, to all employees, those working on our behalf, contractors, tenants, hosts, and external constituencies, as applicable.
- SUPPORTING ESOHMS DOCUMENTS
- DLA-SM ESOHMS Policy Statement
- DLA-SM ESOH Management Plan
- Depot VPP Policy Statements
- Hawthorne Depot VPP Policy Statement
- Hammond Depot VPP Policy Statement
- Scotia Depot VPP Policy Statement
“Any reproduction of this document may not reflect the current version. Please refer to the ‘I Am The Key’ website for the most current version.”