IGD 1011: ESOHMS MONITORING, MEASUREMENT, ANALYSIS & EVALUATION, & EVALUATION OF COMPLIANCE
The Interpretive Guidance Document (IGD) provides general guidance for the DLA-SM Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health Management System (ESOHMS) per the integrated requirements of ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018, along with the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) elements and sub-elements. This IGD provides the framework of DLA Strategic Materials ESOHMS monitoring, measurement, analysis and performance evaluation, and the evaluation of compliance. The DLA-SM ESOHMS applies to all DLA-SM facilities, their employees, and all personnel working on behalf of DLA-SM.
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis, and performance evaluation
DLA-SM will monitor, measure, analyze, and evaluate the ESOHMS performance and will determine:
- What needs to be monitored and measured, including: the extent to which legal and other requirements and compliance obligations are fulfilled; activities and operations related to identified ESOH hazards, risks, environmental aspects/impacts, and opportunities; progress toward achievement of ESOH objectives; and effectiveness of operational and other controls.
- The methods for monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation, as applicable, to ensure valid results.
- The criteria against which DLA-SM will evaluate the ESOHMS performance, and appropriate indicators.
- When the monitoring and measuring will be performed.
- When the results from monitoring and measurement will be analyzed, evaluated, and communicated.
DLA-SM will evaluate the ESOHMS performance and determine effectiveness of the ESOHMS and will communicate relevant ESOHMS performance information both internally and externally, as identified in the ESOH communications processes and as required by legal requirements, compliance obligations, and other requirements.
DLA-SM will ensure that monitoring and measuring equipment is calibrated or verified as applicable and is used and maintained as appropriate.
DLA-SM will retain appropriate documented information as evidence of the monitoring, measurement, analysis, and evaluation result, and on maintenance and calibration or verification of measuring equipment.
- Evaluation of compliance
DLA-SM will establish, implement, and maintain processes for evaluating compliance with all ESOH legal and other requirements and compliance obligations.
DLA-SM will: determine the frequency and method for compliance evaluation; maintain knowledge and understanding of the ESOH compliance status with legal and other requirements; and evaluate compliance and take action if needed.
DLA-SM will retain all documented information as evidence of compliance evaluation results.
- SUPPORTING ESOHMS DOCUMENTS
- DLA-SM ESOHMS Policy Statement
- DLA-SM ESOH Management Plan
- DLA-SM Depot VPP Policy Statements
- Hawthorne Depot VPP Policy Statement
- Hammond Depot VPP Policy Statement
- Scotia Depot VPP Policy Statement
- DLA-SM Environmental Compliance Audit Protocol
- DLA-SM ESOHMS Conformance Audit Protocol
“Any reproduction of this document may not reflect the current version. Please refer to the ‘I Am The Key’ website for the most current version.”