IGD 1013: ESOHMS MANAGEMENT REVIEW
The Interpretive Guidance Document (IGD) provides general guidance for the DLA-SM Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health Management System (ESOHMS) per the integrated requirements of ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018, along with the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) elements and sub-elements. This IGD provides the guidance of DLA Strategic Materials ESOHMS management review. The DLA-SM ESOHMS applies to all DLA-SM facilities, their employees, and all personnel working on behalf of DLA-SM.
- Management review
DLA Strategic Materials top management will review the ESOH management system, at planned intervals, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness.
The ESOHMS management review will include consideration of:
- The status of actions from previous management reviews.
- Changes in external and internal issues that are relevant to the ESOHMS, including: the needs and expectations of interested parties; legal and other requirements and compliance obligations; and ESOH risks, opportunities, and environmental aspects.
- The extent to which ESOH policy and ESOH objectives have been met/achieve.
- Information on the ESOHMS performance, including trends in:
- Incidents, nonconformities, corrective actions, and continual improvement.
- Monitoring and measurement results.
- Audit results.
- Consultation and participation of workers.
- Risks and opportunities.
- Results of compliance evaluation with ESOH legal and other requirements and environmental compliance obligations.
- Adequacy of resources for maintaining an effective ESOHMS.
- Relevant communications with interested parties, including complaints.
- Opportunities for continual improvement of the ESOHMS.
- Outputs of management review
Management review outputs will include decisions related to:
- The conclusions on the continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the ESOHMS in achieving its intended outcomes.
- Continual improvement opportunities.
- Any need for changes to the ESOHMS, including resource needs.
- Actions, if needed, when ESOH objectives have not been met/achieved.
- Opportunities to improve integration of the ESOHMS with other business processes, if needed.
- Any implications for the strategic direction of DLA-SM.
Top management will communicate the relevant outputs of management reviews to workers, and, where they exist, workers’ representatives.
DLA-SM will retain documented information as evidence of the results of management reviews.
- SUPPORTING ESOHMS DOCUMENTS
- DLA-SM ESOHMS Policy Statement
- DLA-SM ESOH Management Plan
- DLA-SM Depot VPP Policy Statements
- Hawthorne Depot VPP Policy Statement
- Hammond Depot VPP Policy Statement
- Scotia Depot VPP Policy Statement
“Any reproduction of this document may not reflect the current version. Please refer to the ‘I Am The Key’ website for the most current version.”