Offices | Contacts | Forms | Feedback | FAQs | Resources | News | Packaging Site Map
The ASSIST website will provide you with direct access to nearly 100,000
full text DoD Specifications and Standards in the DoD master repository!
Your search does not require an account number and password. All documents
are available in pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them.
Good news......All these documents are available for download to the public
free of charge! To acquire the following specifications and standards:
MIL-STD-2073-1D and MIL-STD-129P and any other DoD specifications and/or
standards (i.e. MIL-DTL-197, etc.), please follow the instructions below.
NOTE: Basic packaging specifications, standards, handbooks, instructions, and manuals are also available at our Packaging Specifications, Standards and Manuals web page.
Here are some quick instructions on how to use the ASSIST Quick Search:
- Here's what you need to do if you don't have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software:
- If you don't have Abode Acrobat Reader software, you will need to install it on your computer now. You need this software to open and read all document files ending with the extension of .pdf.
- Go to the Adobe web site.
- Follow the web site's instructions for downloading the Adobe Acrobat Reader software (free software).
Here's some simple steps to follow to get your documents:
This is a free service provided by the U.S. Government for government documents only. All documents which have a copyright protection, you must contact the organization for a copy (a fee may be involved). The following two specifications are not available to the public free of charge, since they are copyright protected and are not Government documents:
NOTE: Many Government specifications are being reviewed
by the preparing activities and being converted to either detail (DTL) or performance (PRF) documents. If your ASSIST Quick Search
doesn't return identical results, please check results for similiar documents with prefixes of either MIL-DTL or MIL-PRF following with the identical numbers. To confirm that you have the correct document, check the top right-hand
portion of the first page of the document for superseding document number. You should see the old specification referenced in this area.
It is permissible to use the DTL or PRF documents in place of the old document, unless the contract strict forbids it.
- Go to ASSIST Quick Search: http://quicksearch.dla.mil/.
- Just type in the numbers of the document in the "Document Number" block (i.e. 2073, 129, etc).
- It will search the database and bring up a web page titled "This is What We Found" displaying a listing of different documents.
- Select the document you desire from the list of applicable documents with the number entered.
- A web page titled "Basic Profile" will appear.
- Click on the "Document Icon" to continue.
- A web page titled "ASSIST - Enterprise Access" will display a listing of different revisions of the document of your choice.
- Click on the pdf icon of the document revision you desire.
- A "Down Load" window will open up.
- Click on the "OPEN" radio button and hit "OK" button to open the document. We do not recommend you download files to your hard drive, since they consume so much space.
- An Adobe (Portable Document Format) pdf file will appear.
- Click on the "File" menu, then click on "Print" in the dropdown box and hit "Enter" to print document -or- Click on the "Printer Icon" to print the document.
If you have any additional questions, please call one of our packaging corporate phone numbers (614) 692-4227, 3757, or 3345. General questions can be directed to DSCC.email@example.com. For specific NSN assistance, please refer to our Contacts web page. Our Packaging team is here to help you. There is no question too big or too small - we want well informed contractors partnering with us to service our troops with excellence.
Content Inquiries: DSCC.Packaging@dla.mil
Last Updated: 13 Oct 2015