Allan E. Day
Major General, U.S. Air Force, Director
DLA Logistics Operations
Air Force Major General Allan E. Day is the Defense Logistics Agency Director of Logistics Operations located at Fort Belvoir, Va. DLA Logistics Operations is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain management of DLA’s nine supply chains, providing logistics and material process management policy, guidance, oversight and monitoring supply chain performance. DLA Logistics Operations oversees the daily operation of DLA’s field activities in supporting 2,300 weapon systems and engages customers around the world to maximize readiness and logistics combat power by leveraging enterprise solutions. He also serves as the Commander, Joint Regional Combat Support, overseeing DLA’s three regional commands that provide unified DLA interfaces for warfighters in the United States Africa Command, U.S. Central Command, U.S. European Command, and U.S. Indo-Pacific Command areas of responsibility, plus special operations warfighters serving under U.S. Special Operations Command.
General Day was commissioned in 1989 from the U.S. Air Force Academy where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. He has held key maintenance leadership positions at the wing, major command and air staff levels. His commands include the 62nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 380th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 22nd Maintenance Group and 309th Maintenance Wing. He has also served as the Deputy Director of Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. A published materials engineer and logistician, he holds a master aircraft maintenance and a senior acquisition badge, along with a basic parachute rating and is a level-III program manager.
Prior to his current position, General Day was the Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Chemistry with Arabic language minor, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1993 Master of Science, Materials Science and Engineering, University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Distinguished Graduate, Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2002 Distinguished Graduate, College of Naval Command and Staff, Newport, R.I.
2002 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2006 Air War College, by correspondence
2009 Master of Strategic Studies, highest distinction, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2011 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2020 Doctorate of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership, Regent University, Virginia Beach, Va.
1. August 1989 - October 1993, Materials Research Engineer and Lead Engineer, Materials Directorate, Wright Laboratories, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. October 1993 - November 1996, Directorate Environmental Manager; Team Leader, Commander’s Action Group; C-141 Sustainment Branch Chief, Robins AFB, Ga.
3. November 1996 - February 1997, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
4. February 1997 - October 1999, Sortie Generation Flight Commander; Assistant Maintenance Supervisor; and Maintenance Supervisor, 22nd Aircraft Generation Squadron (KC-135R/T), McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. October 1999 - May 2001, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 389th Fighter Squadron (F-16CJ), Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
6. June 2001 - June 2002, Student, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
7. June 2002 - June 2004, Chief, Systems Branch, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. June 2004 - June 2006, Commander, 62nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron (C-17A), McChord AFB, Wash.
9. September 2005 - January 2006, Commander, 380th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron (KC- 10, KC-135, U-2, Global Hawk), Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates
10. July 2006 - June 2007, Deputy Chief, Combat Support and Joint Counterair Division, SAF/AQP, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. June 2007 - August 2007, Deputy Chief, Weapons Division, SAF/AQP, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. August 2007 - July 2008, Chief, Weapons Division, SAF/AQP, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. July 2008 - June 2009, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. July 2009 - June 2011, Commander, 22nd Maintenance Group, 22nd Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, Kan.
15. July 2011 - July 2012, Commander, 309th Maintenance Wing, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
16. July 2012 - June 2013, Vice Commander, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
17. June 2013 - March 2015, Deputy Director and Associate Director, Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
18. March 2015 - June 2017, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va.
19. July 2017 – June 2018, Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
20. June 2018 – May 2019, Director of Logistics, Civil Engineering, Force Protection and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
21. June 2019 – present, Director, Logistics Operations and Commander, Joint Regional Combat Support, Headquarters Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1. March 2015 – June 2017, Commander, Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, Richmond, Va., as a colonel and brigadier general
2. June 2019 – present, Director, Logistics Operations and Commander, Joint Regional Combat Support, Headquarters Defense Logistics Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with silver and two bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters National Defense Service Medal w/service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major Aug. 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2005
Colonel Oct. 1, 2008
Brigadier General June 1, 2015
Major General Aug. 3, 2018
Current as of April 2020.