Tips for Military Packaging Newcomers
We understand how stressful it can be to help you alleviate the stress, our staff has compiled some tips to assist you walk the straight and narrow path of military packaging excellence. The following are some quick tips to help our new contractors get acquainted with the military packaging requirements.
- Required Documents
- Basic Military Packaging Standards - documents you need to get started
- ASSIST Quick Search allows you to search for any DoD military specifications, or standards.
- DLA Packaging Library - if you're having problems with ASSIST Quick Search, try our military packaging specifications, standards and manuals web page
- DLA Packaging Documents - includes palletization and special packaging instruction documents
- Training -
- DLA Land and Maritime TKO seminars on Doing Business with the Government, including sessions on Military Packaging.
- Military Schools offering packaging courses for Government and Military personnel.
- Procurement Technical Assistance Centers within your State (free training).
- Free OSHA Hazard Communication Training.
- Helpful Resources
- Get help from the DLA Business Counseling Centers (1-800-262-3272)
- Find out why Military Packaging is necessary.
- Understand how you can decode the military packaging requirements on DLA contracts.
- Discover what are the most common OCONUS errors as it relates to packaging. Read this information and avoid costly mistakes!
- Be informed about the special heat treatment and marking requirements for wood boxes and pallets used to shipped materiel to European destinations and the penalties for non-compliance.
- Below are a couple web pages we encourage you to visit:
- Count the Cost for non compliance on the military packaging or marking of a shipment.
- Know who you may call for packaging assistance
- If this your first awarded Government contract with military packaging, here's what we strongly recommend you do:
- We highly recommend you establish a packaging program at your facility.
- During this time of acquiring training and establishing a good quality packaging program, we recommend your company utilize a Military Packaging House to avoid delaying contract fulfillment's and/or incurring any additional costs for non-compliance.
Documents should be accessible. If you are in need of a document on this page that doesn't meet accessibility standards, email the Packaging content manager to obtain an updated version.