Join the 1033 Program
Click here if you have an approved Application for Participation
Participating in the 1033 Program
The Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO) is accepting applications to participate in the 1033 Program. To date, thousands of Federal, Tribal, State, and Local Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) have participated.
As an active member, the LEAs receive a Department of Defense Activity Address Code (DODAAC), which allows LESO to track issued property. Additionally, LEAs are granted access to web-based applications which will allow them to search for and request equipment. Requests for excess DOD property by State LEAs must be approved by the State Coordinator as well as the LESO.
Once property is received on record, the LEA must ensure its accountability and responsibility of it. If the LEA desires to Transfer, Turn-In, or Dispose of the property, they must have LESO approval.
How to Participate in the 1033 Program
For all LEAs to qualify for entry into the 1033 program, LEAs must meet all three of these basic criteria:
- Is the agency’s primary function the enforcement of laws?
- Are the agency’s officers compensated?
- Do the agency’s officers have the powers of arrest and apprehension?
If all three prerequisites are met, LEAs will need to:
- Submit an Application for Participation
NOTE: Applications are a standardized form. DLA Disposition Services LESO will only accept the form provided on this website. The form supplied is fillable. It is preferred that the LEA types the application rather than handwriting, to avoid errors. If you must handwrite the form, please use all capital letters and print neatly. Instructions are included in the application.
Note: All Forms, Requests and Justification are required to be signed and submitted by your respective State Coordinator prior to submission to the LESO.
Please forward your application to your respective State Coordinator. The State Coordinator will confirm that the State LEA meets the definition and will abide by all terms of the DLA/State Memorandum of Agreement (MOA). Once the State Coordinator has signed the application, they will forward the signed application to the LESO. If LESO approves the application for participation, they will notify the agency's State Coordinator who will notify the State LEA that they are eligible for the Program after the Chief Law Enforcement Official (CLEO) has signed and agreed to the State Plan of Operation (SPO). The SPO will provide all the details, requirements and restrictions of the Program. Once the SPO has been signed by the State and the CLEO for the LEA, the LESO will activate them as a member of the Program.
- Once the LESO authenticates the application they will send a signed copy to the State Coordinator of the respective State LEA. This application will serve a dual purpose. It will show the agency's information, their new DODAAC and their screeners. It will also act as a Screener Letter for Property Screening at any DLA Disposition Services site.
- Submit an Application for Participation.
NOTE: Applications are a standardized form and DLA Disposition Services LESO will only accept the form provided on this website. The form supplied is fillable and it is preferred that the LEA types the application rather than hand writing them to avoid errors. If you must hand write the form, please use all capital letters and print neatly. For complete instructions: Application for Participation Instruction Sheet
- Once LESO validates the application and it is approved, they will generate an Authorization Letter for Property Screening, upon request, and issue the new agency a DODAAC.