Small Arms Serialization Program (SASP)
For a definition of small arms/light weapons, please visit the DoDM 4160.21
Non-serialized Parts and Components
Non-serialized, demil-required weapon parts and components may be turned into the Central Demil Divisions CDD Kaiserslautern, Germany, CDD Tucson, AZ, or CDD Anniston, AL.
Anniston, Alabama is the ONLY AUTHORIZED CDD for Serialized Weapons, serialized parts (triggers, trigger assemblies, lower receivers) and ALL weapon trainers in CONUS. For weapon trainers in Europe, CDD Kaiserslautern is the servicing DLA Disposition Services site. In the PACIFIC local demil method is authorized for weapons trainers. (No requirement to ship to CONUS).
For reutilization or disposal the generating military personnel or contractor of the DLA activity will contact the Central Demil Division (CDD) Small Arms for turn-in and shipping instructions. Generating military personnel or contractors of the DLA activity will also be informed of small arms that are unacceptable for disposal (as covered by moratorium). This will alleviate unnecessary shipments of small arms and weapons. When possible, prior to shipment, the CDD will assist the generator with identifying, and resolving any problems that may prohibit or delay the acceptance of a small arm. Air guns: pellet rifles, bb guns/pistols, paint ball guns should be turned into your nearest Central Demil Division for disposal.
The generator will update their component small arms registry, and electronically transmit the shipment transaction to the DLA SASP as instructed in DOD 4000.25-2-M, Military Standard Transaction Reporting and Accounting Procedures.
The generating military personnel or contractor of the DLA activity will send the small arms weapon in partial or complete form to the DLA Disposition Services CDD in Anniston, Alabama.
- A listing of serial numbers associated with each DD 1348-1, Inert Certificates, and the Letter of Appointed Personnel (LOA) that performed the Inert Certification, addressed to Central Demil Division Anniston, AL will be furnished with each turn in of weapons. Partial and/or complete weapons will not be mixed on an Issue/Release/Receipt Document (IRRD). One IRRD per NSN (weapon type); no mixed weapons in a container.
- Partial/Incomplete weapons turned in under the whole weapon NSN, require the accompanying Missing Parts List. Reference 4160.21-M, Chapter 4.
- NO local stock numbers may be accepted. To obtain a Material Control Number (MCN) please contact LOGSA:
- BURNT weapons may not be accepted without an ARM. To obtain an ARM, please contact LOGSA.
- The SHIP TO DODAAC is SYD184, SHIP TO ADDRESS: DLA Disposition Services Anniston, Bldg. 104, 7 Frankford Ave, Anniston, AL 36201
Only Condemned M-1 carbines, M-1 Garand rifles, M-14 rifles, .22 caliber rifles, .30 caliber rifles, or M1911 pistols may be disposed of to DLA Disposition Services. DLA Disposition Services cannot accept any of the small arms or receivers of the small arms covered by the "moratorium" unless they are condemned/unserviceable (CC "H") or DEMIL residue, i.e., DEMIL having been performed by the MILSVC.
The generator should use the following forms to satisfy Letters of Unserviceable Property – (Condemned) they would be the "equivalent" piece. These forms are referenced in MIL-STD-129P, Military Marking for Shipment and Storage: DD Form 1577 (Unserviceable (Condemned) Tag - Material) or DD Form 1577-1 (Unserviceable (Condemned) Label - Material).
Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC)
DOD Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry
Soldier Support Center
USARMY Logistics Data Analysis Center
Toll Free: 1-866-211-3367
OCONUS DSN: 312-645-7716
CONUS DSN: 645-7716
Inert Cert LOA Small Arms SAMPLE
Small Arms Turn-In Steps
Serial Number Spreadsheet
Please contact the Demil Office