1. Name: This field is mandatory. Fill in complete name. This should be the name of the individual who is submitting the form.
2. Phone: This field is mandatory. If submitter is providing a DSN (Government) number, fill in the letters DSN. If the phone number is a commercial number, include area code and number. The extension field is not mandatory.
3. Service/Agency: This field is not mandatory; however inclusion of governmental service/agency identification can help to facilitate a priority response.
4. E-Mail Address: This field is mandatory. Please provide valid e-mail address for coordination purposes.
5. National Stock Number or National Item Identification Number (NIIN):
NSN Format XXXX-XX-XXX-XXXX
NIIN Format XX-XXX-XXXX
6. Part Number/CAGE Code: These fields are not mandatory fields; however inclusion of a Part Number and CAGE could help to expedite your Challenge request.
7. End Item: This field is not mandatory; however, please provide the designation of the end item or weapons system platform identification for which the challenged NSN is used on (e.g. Cannon AE-1 printer, F-15E aircraft, M1A1 Abrams Tank, AN/ALQ-151 countermeasures set, etc.)
8. Next Higher Assembly (NHA): This field is not mandatory; however, please provide the next higher assembly (nomenclature and/or Part Number) for which the challenged NSN is used on or with. Inclusion of this information will help to expedite your Challenge request.
9. Current DEMIL Code in FLIS: This field is a mandatory field. Provide the current Demil code as recorded in the Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS) or Federal Logistics Data on Compact Disk (FEDLOG).
10. DEMIL Code You Recommend: This field is a mandatory field. Provide the Demil code that the submitter recommends. See DoDM 4100.39, volume 10, table 38 or DoDM 4160.28, Volume 2, for DEMIL code explanations and requirements. .
11. DoDM 4160.28 Volume 2 or Export Administration Justification: DoDM 4160.28 Volume 2 or Export Administration Justification: This is not a mandatory field. If the submitter is using the DoDM 4160.28, Volume 2, Demilitarization Coding as justification then the appropriate category and paragraph fields should be used. A valid DoDM 4160.28, Volume 2 justification is required by the DDCMO for recommended Demil codes of B, C, D, E, F, G or P. If the submitter is recommending a DEMIL code of Q, then the appropriate Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) is published in 15 CFR, part 774 (Commerce control List) should be filled in.
12. Rationale to Support DEMIL Recommendation: This is a mandatory field. This clear text field is provided for the submitter to provide any and all rational to substantiate the justification provided. The submitter is encouraged to provide as much supporting rational, history, or pertinent facts as possible. Technical Data, Specification or Standards, or pictures of the item can and should be provided via E-mail as shown above.
13. Follow up Inquiries: The submitter should allow a minimum of 10 days for the DLA Logistics Information Services DemilChallenge team to process the DEMIL Challenge request. To make an inquiry of the status of the Demil Challenge you have submitted, you may submit an e-mail to DCMO@dla.mil (Subject: Follow-up request for NSN XXXX-XX-XXX-XXXX or NIIN XX-XXX-XXXX).