As your new DLA Distribution Commander, I am honored to have been selected for this significant responsibility and eager to lead you in executing our mission to provide distribution solutions to our Warfighter and customers.
July 4th marks the 240th anniversary of our nation's independence. As you spend the holiday with family and friends, I ask that you take time to reflect on the individual liberties for which the founders of our great nation fought and died: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
I also ask that you be safe and keep your family members and friends safe. Here's some common reminders.
• Never give fireworks to small children, and always follow the instructions on the packaging.
• Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
• Make sure everyone, including the pets, stays away from the grill.
• Keep the grill out in the open, away from the house, the deck, tree branches, or anything that could catch fire.
• Have young children and inexperienced swimmers wear a Coast Guard-approved life jacket.
• Keep a close eye and constant attention on children and adults while at the beach. Wave action can cause someone to lose their footing, even in shallow water.
Additionally, limit exposure to direct sunlight between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a protection factor of at least 15. Independence Day is a great occasion in our country and is celebrated with much enthusiasm and patriotism, but it’s also important to keep ourselves, family, friends and pets safe.
Please take time to enjoy the upcoming holiday and keep safety in mind in everything you do. Ms. Gonzales and I wish to thank each of you for supporting our men and women in uniform.
I look forward to meeting all of you as I visit your operations.
DLA – America’s Combat Support Agency!