DDXX will enable Regional DLA Commanders with a deployable, scalable, and joint distribution capability that is capable of supporting Combatant Commanders operational and logistical requirements for Unified Land Operations and Contingency Operations.
DDXX Joint Enabling Concept
Theater Opening - Theater Distribution - Theater Sustainment
DDXX has four Core Functions; Theater Consolidation and Shipping Point (TCSP), Forward Deployed Warehousing (FDW), Material Processing Center (MPC), and Incident Support Base (ISB).
DDXX is capable of supporting the current defense planning construct as well as other types of contingencies such as Humanitarian Aid / Disaster Relief (HADR) support and internal DLA surge support to other depots. DDXX can deploy necessary capabilities as rapidly as the Forces it supports.
DDXX establishes a forward-positioned end-to-end distribution process that will:
• Be scalable to the scope of customer requirements
• Enable the customer’s ability to continually project combat power
• Not interfere with the customer’s ability to deploy forces into the battle-space
• Be synchronized with the expected start of sustainment replenishments
• Be linked to theater movement control and transportation assets to be successful
• Phase in additional capabilities over time to meet growing customer needs
• Operate until such time as the mission is transitioned to an enduring capability/contract or the mission ends