Department of Defense (DOD) Demilitarization (DEMIL)
Coding Management Office (DDCMO)
The DDCMO is assigned the task of validation and reviewing the DEMIL codes on items owned and used by military services and Federal agencies by ensuring accuracy and compliance with current guidance as directed by the DOD Demilitarization Program Office (DDPO) and the Trade Security Control (TSC) Program Office.
If you have a DOD Common Access Card (CAC), you can view the latest updates for the DOD DEMIL Tables and Categories.
The four teams within the DDCMO address all DEMIL codification needs.
New Item Team
- Reviews/validates all new and inventory items in the Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS) for DEMIL coding accuracy and recommend changes for compliance to current Federal guidance
- Performs DEMIL Validation Program. Validates DEMIL and Controlled Inventory Item Code (CIIC) when items that are no longer required are turned into DLA Disposition Services by users. Validation is performed prior to the sale, transfer or reutilization of inventory at the DLA Disposition Services site. Primary customers are the DLA Disposition Services/Controlled Property Verification Office
Special Investigative/Inquiries Team
- Conducts comprehensive DEMIL investigations and analysis
- Assists Federal and Inspector General (IG) Investigation Services in criminal activity inquiries
- Primary customers are DOD DEMIL and TSC Program Managers, DLA Headquarters, DOD IG and foreign government entities
Web Customer Service Team
- Supports global DOD DEMIL and TSC Program Offices as focal point for all items of supply concerning examination of DEMIL coding and policy and procedures
- Primary customers can range from foreign and domestic governments to private entities