The Construction and Equipment supply chain has logistics solutions for support of ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals (including specialty metals), angle, bar, extrusions, sheet, strip, plate, structural shapes, tubing, and ingots. Other items provided by the TLSP include nonelectrical wire, wire rope, and chain. Customer specifications available via TLSP include cutting, shearing, and grinding to size; painting and other finishes; commercial inspection, such as ABS, magnetic particle, and ultrasonic; and minor machining.
The Metals tailored logistics support program enables customers to order commercial, non-NSN items within scope of the contract. Since multiple vendors are solicited for prices, customers benefit from a competitive business model that will ensure best value for the customer.
TLSP Ordering Process
As of September 23, 2021, the following updates have been made to the Metals TLSP. The five major changes are highlighted below:
- The Metals TLSP is now a multiple award program whereby all orders submitted will be completed amongst all vendors on contract.
- The Metals TLSP is for procurement of material which does not have an established National Stock Number (NSN). The traditional supply system will be used to support NSN requirements. Please visit FedMall for traditional NSN orders.
- Customers must complete a one-time registration before they may place orders through the Metals TLSP. The approved Metals Customer Registration form can be submitted to MetalsRegistration@dla.mil.
- All orders must now be submitted directly to DLA UNFUNDED. Orders will be sent in utilizing only the approved Metals Order Spreadsheet to MetalsOrders@dla.mil. The Order Spreadsheet will be included in the Welcome Package upon registration.
- The registered customer will receive a Price Acknowledgement Spreadsheet containing the proposed total price of your order. The customer will complete this Price Acknowledgement Spreadsheet and, at that time, submit (with funding) to MetalsFunding@dla.mil.
The Metals Customer Guidelines Document details the ordering process. Please be sure to read this prior to submitting your first order under this new process, and review the following documents:
1. Metals TLSP process flow chart
2. MIPR Instructions
3. Material Receipt Acknowledgement in FedMall
For more information, contact: MetalsRegistration@dla.mil
DLA remains committed to ensuring a seamless transition during this process change, and we look forward to your continued utilization of the Metals TLSP in the future.