Explanation of Evaluation Codes
The evaluation codes used by the PMAT for part evaluation requests are provided below.
- Part approved for use throughout system.
- Part given limited approval; specification for replacement being prepared or specification dated but no QPL.
- Part given limited approval, see remarks.
- Part disapproved, use preferred military replacement.
- Part disapproved, military specification in preparation, availability date as specified.
- Part disapproved, use preferred commercial replacement.
- Part disapproved, use preferred non-government standard replacement
- Document is adequate for procurement.
- Document is inadequate. Revise as specified and resubmit.
- No document received.
- Insufficient information to evaluate, resubmit with data.
- Part is not under PMAT purview.
- The submitted part is not recommended for approval due to reliability, maintainability, contract restriction, etc. A replacement part of the same form, fit and function is not available. All alternate parts could require redesign.
- Duplicate part number was submitted. Part previously evaluated under log number specified in remarks.
When document evaluations are performed along with a part evaluation, an "A" (adequate for procurement), and "I" (inadequate for procurement) or "N" (for no document received) will follow the part evaluation code (e.g. A0I).
Content Inquiries: DSCC.PartsSupport@dla.mil